I have known John Readman for a while, mostly from the AdamDigital ski trips and when he asked me to join him on the London toParis, there was only ever going to be a positive response. I lovemy cycling and can’t wait to get involved in Ride25! Mybiggest ride so far is GOGLE, however due to time constraints, Ihaven’t managed to get much mileage in my legs so I hope there area few slower folks on the tour.
The Ride takes place on the 9th October, lasting 3days and covering 230 miles (roughly 77 miles a day). The Ride 25crew have put together a block buster itinerary, including:
- Three nights’ accommodation in a clean, comfortable hotel (inBrighton, Gournay-en-Bray and Paris). All roomswill have twin beds and we will allocate you a roompartner unless you specify who you would like to share with. (You may select a single supplement in the booking process ifyou prefer not to share a room)
- Ferry trip from Newhaven to Dieppe
- Three meals a day plus stops for snacks
- Support vehicle to transport your luggage (clothes andsupplies) from each stage to the next
- Back-up vehicles to provide you with medical help and anyassistance should you need a rest
- Customised, waterproof route maps including essentialdirections, pitstops and interesting information on the area.
- New, bespoke high quality breathable cycling shirts for everyday of your trip. These will be fully personalised for you andadorned with badges showing the number of Ride25 legs you havecompleted so far.
- Daily fresh fruit and water in the support vehicles
- A drink on us at the bar at the end of each day
- Celebratory dinner
- A ‘Finisher’s’ shirt presented at the celebratory dinner
Ride 25 is essentially a fairly new venture set up by friendsand travel enthusiasts Rob Hamilton and John Readman. This wasafter they experienced an incredible response to a UK to Australiacharity cycle ride, originally organised by Rob, which raises moneyfor the African children’s charity 1morechild. The event was sopopular that Rob and John wanted to open it up to a wider audience,with the aim of giving individuals, groups of friends, charitiesand companies the opportunity to travel to the other side of theworld by bike, one tour at a time, over 25 legs.
The principle of Ride 25 is that people of allabilities, shapes and sizes will jump on a bike, leave their workand home commitments behind for a few days and discover the worldfrom a whole new perspective and experience the challenge andadventure of a lifetime!
Donate here! http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PeterBakerRide25
There’s still places available for a variety of legs, sodon’t miss out, sign up at www.ride25.com