Job title: Head of Marketing
Reports to: CEO
Cleanology is a multi-award-winning commercial cleaning & facilities management company, with an expert focus on high-end commercial clients, from luxury retail to education, corporate offices and even royalty. Having started as a family business, it now employs around 800 staff and has over 300 clients, Cleanology's reputation is with a strong emphasis on sustainability and care for its people.
With 50% growth in the past year and annual revenue of around £15m, the company is seeking its first-ever Head of Marketing to support the company's future growth plans, namely, to double the size of the company within the next 3 years.
Purpose of role
To elevate our marketing to the next level, with wow factor!
Working closely with the CEO and Sales Director to understand the key business objectives and strategy. Develop, implement, and own a brand and marketing strategy in line with these objectives, to encompass digital, campaigns, events, PR and communications. Lead generation (inbound and outbound) for new business is a key part of the company's future marketing strategy, with a measurable ROI.
Key projects you will manage include:
- Launching the business nationally (currently predominantly London/Manchester)
- Launch of new sister company, Zip Security
- Managing the comms and re-brand of any acquisitions the company makes
- To effectively position Cleanology as the best cleaning partner in the eyes of their targets
- Manage overall marketing budget of over £200k
- Develop and maintain the website in partnership with external design agencies ensuring it is both positioned appropriately and optimised for search
- Develop an ongoing content strategy to support business objectives, oversee the quality of content and publish it once approved
- Manage referral and intermediary network, work on behalf of the company to develop links with external organisations who are potential introducers, referrers or clients
- Support lead generation activities - tracking, recording and prioritisation of incoming leads ensuring effective follow-up and reporting via CRM system
- Research and analyse market trends, demographics, competitors, and other relevant information to form marketing strategies
- Produce monthly email campaign plans, to both increase and stimulate new clients and oversee the production of high-quality email content. Support the dispatch of emails and review results in a cycle of continual improvement.
- Working with our HR team to support, develop and improve our internal comms, across multiple channels
- Work closely with stakeholders and partners to develop CRM system for marketing purposes
- Work with and manage our external PR company, reviewing and approving copy and press releases
- Working with our PR company, manage our award entries throughout the year, reviewing and working on entry copy and supporting information
- Develop and evolve the brand, including embedding use of brand guidelines and acting as brand champion
- Create a campaign plan for LinkedIn activity.
- Manage production of sales collateral such as brochures and client presentations
- Effectively manage multiple projects, maintaining accuracy and quality whilst meeting stated deadlines and budgets
- Plan a programme of events that we may run, partner with, or attend
- Track record of successful marketing outcomes within a business services environment
- Be a Go-Getter, aware of how Marketing benefits the wider organization and unafraid to make recommendations
- A self-starter with the ability to define own workload with minimal supervision
- Good understanding of best practice in email marketing, having both defined campaign plans and implemented them
- Excellent language and communication skills, especially ability to assess copy and tone of voice
- Experience in evolving brands over time
- Used to working with website content management systems and publishing content
- Good understanding of best practice in SEO and PPC
- Experience of managing social media, especially LinkedIn
- Proficient in effectively managing external suppliers
- Track record of measuring performance of marketing campaigns, producing reports and recommendations on how to improve results
- Used to using Google Analytics to measure activity
- Ability to write/edit/proofread succinct, engaging copy for websites and emails
- Marketing degree or other relevant qualifications
Working at Cleanology should be challenging, rewarding and fun.
- Birthdays off (or extra day's holiday)
- Birthday sparkles, cake and present
- Additional day's holiday for each year of employment (max 5, sorry!)
- Annual company away day (Europe)
- Discounted or free gym membership
- Free tickets to concerts, sporting events, etc.
- Team lunches/dinners