Location: Prescot (onsite)
Salary: £30k to £35k DOE
Full Time: Monday - Thursday 8am - 4:30pm, Friday 8am - 2pm (38 hours)
Under the supervision of the Head of Manufacturing, the Production Supervisor will assist, facilitate, and empower their team in producing top-quality structured insulated panels for our client's customers. The goal is to ensure timely production while upholding the highest safety standards. Collaboration with fellow Production Supervisors is essential to promote consistent efficiency across the Manufacturing Team.
- Manage the recruitment, onboarding, and training of new team members, including probationary reviews.
- Conduct disciplinary investigations and chair hearings for low-level cases such as absence management and misconduct.
- Communicate expectations to production team members and evaluate their performance.
- Keep the team informed and motivated through daily team briefings and toolbox talks.
- Effectively manage the health and well-being of the team, following up on agreed actions.
- Continuously improve safety recording by addressing physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes.
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained and improved in all manufacturing areas.
- Foster a proactive health and safety culture within the team and across the business.
- Advise and guide Line Leaders to promote an understanding of ownership and successful team management.
- Identify and address training requirements within the team to enhance resilience and versatility.
- Record and report production and quality metrics to maximise service and identify improvement opportunities.
- Facilitate continuous service improvement aligned with business strategy by collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Ensure adherence to production processes, addressing deviations effectively.
- Be accountable for meeting production targets and deadlines.
- Ensure full compliance with ISO 9001 and industry certification guidelines.
- Ensure efficient and correct use of machines, tools, and equipment by the team and regularly inspect machinery and tools to ensure a safe and efficient workflow.
- Report any faults to the Head of Manufacturing and Engineer and support the repair or replacement of faulty production equipment.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience with Continuous Improvement and/or Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Background in sustainable and environmentally focused manufacturing.
- Demonstrated experience in change management and cultural improvement.
- Forklift Truck license.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Adam, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are more than happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require.
Interested? Please apply now.
We look forward to hearing from you!