Head of Marketing
Job Title - Head of Marketing
Company - Be.EV
Location - Manchester
Duration - Permanent (subject to satisfactory 6 months' probation)
Hours Per week - 37.5
Salary - DOE
WE ARE ADAM are delighted to be exclusively helping Be.EV with their recruitment process in their Manchester office.
Be.EV (www.be-ev.co.uk) is a community-first, electric vehicle charging business that is employee owned and backed by Octopus Energy. Our mission is to create a fair, future-proof infrastructure legacy that connects, engages and elevates communities.
We were born in Manchester and are building an EV charging network for the Nation. We are currently Greater Manchester's largest publicly available EV charging network (working in partnership with Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM); and are working with ambitious public and private partners to accelerate the expansion of public charging and to build a truly unified EV charging network.
We work with all types of businesses and organisations and are working to expand our reach and connections across all sectors:
- Private partners include Rochdale AFC, JW Lees, Leeds Bradford Airport, Dobbie's and IMO car washes.
- As a community focused Chargepoint business we are working with not for profit partners such as the Animal Trust among others.
- Public sector partners include Trafford Council, Stockport Council, Warrington Council, The University of Manchester and local NHS providers.
Be.EV is a recognised, community-based and consumer-led brand with a growing membership base (now at c 15k and counting). We provide easy and reliable charging experiences for everyone, across every community
We have recently secured significant investment from Octopus Energy Generation (https://octopus.energy/blog/octopus-energy-generation/) to disrupt the status quo and to play our part in responsibly transforming infrastructure across the UK.
Be.EV is a fast growing scale-up run by a rapidly expanding, experienced and dynamic team with huge ambitions for growth. We are looking for an experienced and passionate Head of Marketing to shape and grow the Marketing and Communications team and lead our B2C and B2B marketing endeavours - specifically by supporting our B2B sales effort and by growing our B2C member base.
Your priorities will be to build awareness and profile, to help drive the expansion of our network by working hand in hand with our sales teams (and our newly appointed CCO), and to grow member numbers, engagement and utilisation.
We are looking for an experienced and versatile member of the team with a passion for green travel and a strong customer-oriented approach.
- Working in partnership with the CCO and sales teams to devise the optimal B2B sales and marketing strategy for 2023 and beyond in order to drive leads into the pipelines.
- Developing a robust Marketing and Communications plan (B2B and B2C) which will deliver against key strategies, objectives and KPIs. Our focus will be on acquisition, retention, awareness, loyalty and referral.
- Pitching for, setting and managing the Marketing and Communications budget.
- Recruiting, growing and mentoring the MarComms team (over time) in order to deliver on said objectives and KPIs and to maximise performance and efficiency.
- Overseeing and managing the current and future agency roster - including brand/advertising, brand tracking, creative, web/digital, performance marketing, PR (investor, B2B, B2C) and social. Ensuring we get the most out of these teams and driving hard working joined-up activity.
- Putting in place the tools and talent we need to make robust data and insight-led decisions.
- Measuring and reviewing effectiveness and performance of activations and campaigns.
- Driving deeper targeting and automation into the marketing process by working closely with our CTO.
- Leading on the customer intelligence piece including personas, segmentation, and targeted messaging.
- Being the guardian of the Be.EV brand and turning our commitment to becoming a true community-first ethos a reality on the ground.
- Keeping the SLT informed and contributing to the over-arching Be.EV strategy.
- Building a strong relationship with Octopus Energy Generation (and Octopus Energy) to drive marketing synergies and economies of scale.
- Managing to a tight budget
This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic individual to build and lead a strong marketing capability in a fast growing business at the heart of the electric vehicle and infrastructure transformation.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Ideally experience in the D2C space, specific sector knowledge not required though FMCG experience an advantage
- Based in the North (office in central Manchester though we adopt a hybrid working model)
- Passion and enthusiasm for sustainability and positive social impact
- Thrive in a fast moving, fast growing organisation
- Happy to work with a 'lean' team and to really roll your sleeves up and get stuck in
- Strong commercial/sales mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience developing marketing plans and campaigns
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools
- Experience creating content
Interested? Please apply now!
We look forward to hearing from you.