Director of Business Development
Location: Greater Manchester (potential for hybrid)
Salary: £50k plus car allowance and uncapped bonus (OTE £100k)
Full time: Permanent
We are on the lookout for an experienced Director of Business Development to join a manufacturing business in Greater Manchester whose reputation in the market is enviable. Working closely with Directors and the Senior Management Team, the Director of Business Development will lead strategic and practical efforts. The focus is on building strong client relationships, growing revenue from current accounts, and coming up with plans for lasting client acquisition and revenue increase. You will work with marketing to improve lead generation and sharing market insights to help the Board and SMT make informed decisions. This is a new role for the company and gives you the opportunity to set the standard, drive growth and develop a team from scratch.
- Grow existing accounts and implement strategies to acquire new customers, optimising penetration opportunities.
- Identify and assess business opportunities and markets, aligning strategies with key business goals.
- Define a go-to-market strategy encompassing offerings, marketing, and key messages.
- Establish new business relationships, maintain high-level contacts with current customers and project partners.
- Represent the company at events/functions and deliver presentations to prospective clients.
- Ensure a comprehensive understanding and representation of the business in all interactions.
- Provide Monthly Business Development progress reports for the Directors.
- Conduct site visits to meet with clients, report on performances, and identify opportunities.
- Approve Prequalifications and attend post-tender interviews if necessary.
- Compile and share marketing intelligence to inform strategic decisions.
- Participate in the tender process from ITT receipt to proposal delivery and client presentations.
- Play a key leadership role in shaping the overall direction of the business through the leadership team.
Who are we looking for?
- Extensive experience in devising and implementing commercially focused business strategies.
- Demonstrate a strong commercial focus and a track record of driving profitability.
- Capable of public speaking and representing the company at various events.
- Have international business-to-business experience and display a customer-first mindset internally and externally.
- Showcase the ability to assess risks associated with potential business opportunities.
- Hold a relevant degree in Construction, Engineering, or have suitable experience in the Electrical Construction industry.
- Previous experience in industrial Coatings and paints is advantageous.
- Essential senior-level Business Development experience.
- Possess a strong commercial and technical background and/or understanding.
- Proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Adam, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are more than happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require.
Interested? Please apply now.
We look forward to hearing from you!