We have the privilege of exclusively representing an amazing publishing company based in Manchester, in their search for an Event Producer to join their team. 15 years ago, the founder Paul, started the company from his bedroom after seeing a gap in the market and now they have an enviable reputation as the market leader within their sector. The company grew organically and have a strong successful team who pride themselves on quality and innovation.
Their event calendar is booked out a year in advance, the events range from roundtables to conferences and large social events, attracting business professionals from across the UK and beyond.
This is a fantastic and diverse role for an enthusiastic and energetic mid-level events professional to work on an exciting range of projects. Join a phenomenal team who will nurture and develop your skills, listen to your ideas and will encourage your career progression.
As the Event Producer you will deliver in-person events, from conferences and socials to large evening events including the popular yearly party that hosts 750 people. You be involved in all stages of event planning and delivery including marketing the event, making this an ideal opportunity to hone your experience in a B2B environment. Working closely with the editorial, marketing and commercial teams, you will ensure plans are integrated and delivered within budget, on time and to the highest standard.
- Manage and deliver events from the annual portfolio of existing conferences and socials
- Developing positive relationships, communicating and networking with sponsors and speakers
- Manage the marketing and promotion of your events to drive ticket sales, including social media, mailers and working with the production team on marketing material
- Managing suppliers e.g., venues, audio-visual companies, photographers
- Delegate management and handling general event queries
- Working on site at live events, including set-up, managing the registration desk, assisting speakers and other tasks as required
- Assist with delivering ad hoc client events as required, including conferences, drinks receptions and roundtables
- Representing the business at various industry networking events
- Sourcing venues and other suppliers as required including negotiating costs
- Monitoring and handling of event P&Ls
- Research and provide new ideas for event and marketing delivery
The Events Producer is ambitious, driven with a positive attitude, who can work to tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy. You must have experience managing corporate B2B events, knowledge of the property sector would be advantageous but not essential.
Skills and experience require
- Experience developing and executing successful B2B events
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Keen attention to detail
- Organised with strong time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Experience of delivering projects to deadlines and within budget
- Both a team player and able to work independently
- Good analytical skills for campaign monitoring and conducting post-event marketing analysis
- Flexibility, as evening work and early morning work will be required
The package and benefits
- Up to £30,000 salary per annum, dependant on experience
- 21 days holiday per year, plus Christmas week off and bank holidays
- Your commute to work paid for (£1000 per year)
- Mobile phone paid for (£50 per month)
- Company matching pension scheme
- Flexible working hours available (normal hours 8.30am - 4.30pm)
- Hybrid working - work from home twice a week