An Account Manager’s ultimate responsibility is to make sure their clients are happy. The role often includes a variety of duties depending on sector.
Account Manager Responsibilities
· Communicating with clients to understand their needs, address challenges and concerns and provide solutions.
· Build strong relationships with existing customers and work with the Business Development or Sales teams to acquire new ones.
· Collaborate with, and often project manage, teams across the company’s internal teams.
· Act as the clients’ representative within your business to ensure their demands are met.
· Focus on continual improvement of the customer experience
· Collect and analyse consumer behaviour data and understand their changing needs
· Spot trends and opportunities for your clients to explore
· A confident communicator at all levels of seniority
· Excellent problem-solving ability
· Exceptional analytical skills
· Superb time management and multitasking skills
· A self starter
· Aptitude in negotiation and influencing
· Strong attention to detail and organisational capability
Whilst there are no specific qualifications for an Account Manager, many organisations will ask for an industry-relevant degree. Subjects such as business administration, marketing, sales or similar will be highly valued in this role.
Account Managers will usually have worked as an Account Executive or equivalent job before taking up a management position.
The average salary in the UK for an Account Manager is £20,000 - £41,000 p.a. These roles often have a bonus or commission scheme in addition to a base salary.
Usually Account Managers can expect to move into an Account Director position in the future.
Does this sound like a role you may be interested in? Click here to browse a range of roles.
So we can start to get to know you from Adam and fully understand your skills, experience and what makes you tick, please upload your CV and/or portfolio, using the upload link below.
Kelly Gilmour-Grassam is the Director ofMaking You Content Ltd, a copywriting and content creation agency in Manchester’s Northern Quarter. Born in...Read more
About this masterclassWe're delighted to announce another thought provoking morning breakfast masterclass with agency growth specialist, Robert Cr...Read more
Wed, 18 March 2020 | 8:00 – 10:30 | Riding House Café, LondonAbout this masterclassWe would like to invite you to join We Are Adam and our specia...Read more