I am Digital + Tech
- Car, Pension, Working from Home,
- North West
3 Dec 2018
Following a recent major contract award within Greater Manchester, Shaping Cloud are expanding rapidly and are looking for good technical architects who can join the team and help us with our growth ambitions. We want reliable candidates who can work on their own initiative or as part of a consultancy team and will help drive the architecture practice forward within our organisation. We would also expect our candidates to have a keen interest in technology and be continually looking to learn and explore new ways of using that technology for our customers.
The candidate will be required to provide technical architecture services into project delivery, pre-sales and consultancy streams, providing technical guidance to customers, project leads and engineering teams.
Working for the Director of Consultancy Services you will provide technical support and leadership for projects, guiding the project from a technical perspective and ensuring technical and architecture principles are captured and executed against as part of the project, taking into account constraints and impacts on business operations at all times.
Key Skills & Experience:
* Minimum 5 years engineering experience delivering projects from a technical perspective.
* Minimum 3 years architecture experience in leading projects from an architecture perspective and following a process that leads to the customer’s desired outcome.
* Proven ability to understand complex infrastructure environments, see solutions and present high level solution concepts, resources and costs.
* Broad technical understanding of storage, servers, networks (WAN & LAN), backup technologies, desktop, security technologies, operating systems, virtualisation and applications covering Microsoft technologies.
* An understanding of cloud technologies including Azure and AWS is desirable.
* Experience of working with a broad range of technologies, can demonstrate that they have been trained in at least one architecture methodology and can show use of that architecture methodology as well as good written and verbal communication skills, who can articulate complex concepts and solutions.
* The candidate should demonstrate where they have researched new technologies and worked with 3rd party technology providers to understand their products and understand how the product features fit into the desired solution outcome is essential.
* Experience in design, management and implementation of business and mission critical systems.
* Experience of working with and understanding service management processes within business organisations and their impact on customer operations. The candidate should also understand service management toolsets and how they interact to support service management processes.
* It would be desirable for the candidate to have any certifications in ITIL, Microsoft Technologies, TOGAF, PRINCE II methodology or other relevant certifications.
* Practical experience of translating complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within businesses is also essential.
* Proven experience of challenging conventional ideas and assumptions related to infrastructure and coming up with solution to problems quickly.
Share This Job
We are always looking for driven individuals to join our team.