I am Digital + Tech
- £30000 - £40000 per annum
- Greater London
10 Apr 2019
New Business Account Executive- Tech
Our award-winning fast-paced creative marketing agency is looking for a new business sales person to assist the board in continuing to drive our business development strategy.
You will have 3 years’ minimum experience working within a marketing agency in an account handling and / or pure new business role. A detailed understanding of the marketing sector is key. You will have a passion for creative marketing and be able to clearly articulate how and why the discipline can be a highly valuable tool in a client brand marketing mix.
You’re a people person who thrives on forging relationships with clients and has a confident and energetic presence. You are someone who makes a strong impression and is memorable with no ego, or a fear of picking up the phone to engage new prospects.
Key Accountabilities and responsibilities:
* New logo acquisition through identification of potential clients, outbound prospecting and meetings where you will sell the full range of services that we offer.
* You will be expected to proactively generate your own leads through leveraging the telephone, social media and marketing campaigns, building your own network and attending events.
* You will manage your pipeline of opportunities across the full sales lifecycle from early stage to close, including the co-ordination of procurement tender submissions where appropriate. You will ensure they are up to date and actioned frequently.
* You will be responsible for putting together and delivering compelling value propositions for prospects and work with the client services team to build proposals that resonate with clients.
* Working with a range of client contacts up to C level on the telephone and in face to face meetings, you will be supported at the appropriate time by other members of the team should the need arise.
* You will be expected to maintain the CRM database in terms of
* Maintaining detailed records of each prospect and all key conversations.
* Recording precise meeting actions, next steps and reminders for continued contact.
* You will support the business in planning through accurately forecasting opportunities.
Aspects of the role:
* This will be a quota-based role that pays commission on new business acquisition.
* Whilst there is a high degree of relationship building required, meeting targets and attaining quota is how the success of this role will be measured and rewarded.
The role requires proactivity with clear strategies both strategic and tactical to identify opportunities leveraging key brand developments, industry trends and PR activity
* You will be expected to create an annual sales plan in line with the company strategies that contains leading indicators and track progress regularly.
* You will be expected to assist the board in leveraging PR opportunities, working with the communications manager to release opinion pieces and to contribute to features and articles.
* The role will assist in developing content for initiatives for targeted outbound prospecting.
* You will work with marketing in formulating recipient lists and overseeing the distribution of mailers
* You will need to keep our warmest prospects updated with relevant agency news and case studies
* Keeping abreast of brand developments where our capabilities have relevance and approaching key decision makers with tailored letters, emails, credentials or proactive initiatives when relevant.
* Keeping abreast of key client side ‘movers and shakers’.
Key experience and skills:
* Strong track record of quota attainment.
* Be a new business winner who understands the importance of long term relationships
* Proven ability to create, negotiate and win sizeable opportunities.
* Ability to identify opportunities through clients issues/needs and translate into compelling solutions
* Ability to engage, motivate, influence and negotiate at all levels.
* Strong Commercial acumen.
* Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills.
* You are highly presentable, professional & knowledgeable’
* You have the ability to personally convey our brand attributes confidently.
* You have high standards of personal presentation and the ability to be succinct.
* You are inspiring and have gravitas in front of influential clients.
* You have excellent attention to detail and meticulous personal admin.
* You are a highly motivated and disciplined individual able to work on their own initiative and ‘make things happen’ through a determined approach.
Share This Job
We are always looking for driven individuals to join our team.