I am Agency
- £50000 - £60000 per annum
- North West
Founder and Director
11 Oct 2018
Business Director – Retail Agency
Business Director – Retail Agency, Manchester
Our client is a leading UK based Retail Design Agency with an enviable list of well known and challenger Retail brands as clients. They are expanding their Manchester function and are looking to recruit a high calibre Business Director to drive the growth of the client services function and agency.
As a Business Director, you have a shared responsibility to deliver the agency’s commercial targets whilst upholding the agency’s values and maintaining its unique culture. You will be expected to actively engage and collaborate with other senior members of the agency and play an integral role in shaping and executing the agency’s strategic goals.
With a focus on the ‘bigger picture’, you will proactively drive improvements throughout the business, ensuring that the Agency remains a preferred partner to its clients and
a place where people want to come and work.
With a specific experience and passion for retail, you’ll be specifically responsible for leading our client’s retail client relationships and being an ambassador for their retail credentials as part of their wider design consultancy offer. You’ll work with their Retail Directors to help shape our offer and build out our resources appropriately.
Your key responsibilities
● Actively plan and implement new business development activities to establish and grow
business in line with defined commercial targets
● Drive the creation and maintenance of their retail client portfolio
● Build strong client relationships that unlock wider growth within client organisation (beyond retail)
● Become immersed in the client’s brand, understanding the brand challenges, the competitor
landscaper and business issues
● Act as the senior point of contact for key accounts and personally oversee commercial key
● Work with all agency departments to identify, oversee, and deliver innovative and impactful creative solutions to clients’ business needs
● Partner with Strategy to ensure clear, accurate, thought provoking and comprehensive briefs and/or scopes of work are developed and approved for all projects
● Oversee progress of projects against agreed timelines and oversee production timetables to
ensure timely delivery
● Work with senior team leaders to conduct post project reviews including lessons learned and preparation of any follow-on action recommendations as required
● Work with the Production team to identify resource requirements and participate in the
● Actively contribute to the culture, internalising and championing their values
● Take ownership and accountability for the financial management of large accounts and overall profitability, sharing developments with the Client Services Director to meet agency targets
● Work in partnership with the Finance Manager to negotiate with clients’ legal and procurement teams to ensure best business outcomes in relation to agency fees and contracts
This is a great opportunity to join a cracking business with a great vision and engaged Team.
Share This Job
We are always looking for driven individuals to join our team.